Re: [Amc-list] shipping fenders

I'd say it would be between Fedex and Greyhound bus.

If the fender is within 165 united inches which is length plus width X2
plus depth X2.  So if was 66 inches long and 24 inches and 12 inches in
depth it would be 66 +24+24+12+12 inches = 138 total united inches.   As
long as are within that 165 total united inches it is likely feasible.

If is larger than this it may go as oversized article and charged at 151
lbs minimum and it will likely get expensive.

The fenders are light and bulky and will likely be charged on basis of
dimensional weight.  They will cube out the package at longest length, X
widest width X deepest depth... If it happened to be as above at
66X24X12 it would cube out at 19008 cubic inches and the formula weight
is one pound per each 194 cubic inches or 98 pounds...  So they would
charge you for as a 98 pound parcel.  It might be expensive... You will
have to check out the actual dimensions and weights and check for the
rates with FedEx  or their agents.

I do think they regularly handle fenders and know the are certainly top
freight and don't stack heavy stuff on them and try not to scratch them
to hard...

Make sure to specify their ground service for their lowest rates.  I've
generally found them to be a better alternative to UPS for both price
and service.  You will need their ground parcel service.  Their FedEx
Trucking service is different from FedEx parcel and it is much more
costly for such items.

Out here Kinkos Office Supply serves as Fedex Stations.  You can check
their web site for their office locations, etc.   www.fedex.com.

I still have my Freight Control Systems web page posted:
 http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/fcs/shipping.html    It may have
more info regarding this sort of thing.   At the time I compiled the
article on this  I was considering mostly UPS service and charges and
the regular truck rates.

Hope this info helps, Mark.
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m /