Re: [Amc-list] Found out why my '65 American was parked!

Re: [Amc-list] Found out why my '65 American was parked!

Okay - we did the last drum brake tonight. All four brakes have been done (new wheel cylinders, new brake shoes, new spring kits, new adjusters, new hoses). Still have to replace the master cylinder then scratch my head over brake lines (well, maybe not too much scratching - it seems pretty straight-forward thanks to the tips). Then on to the bearings!

Hmmmmm - might get a lot of work done while trying to free up the engine (still no penetrating oil making it past the 5th cylinder. The rest seem okay, but the fifth is pretty stubborn). It's fun - a fairly expensive way to take an automotive shop class, but fun.

I'm not planning on driving it anywhere anytime soon (at least not until it starts, lol) - so can take my time on other tasks.

Anyway - making progress on the brakes.