Re: [Amc-list] How stuck is stuck (frozen engine)

Re: [Amc-list] How stuck is stuck (frozen engine)

How stuck is stuck? Man, sometimes they are just plain
stuck!!
I had to do just as some are suggesting and beat on
the damn thing. Use a block that will fit inside the
piston. A 4x4 or 6x6 piece with the corners trimmed
works good. Snug it in there and soak with your fav
penetrating oil. Give the block a whack. Don't go
postal at first, but be firm. Try to move the engine
with the crank. Hopefully just one or two whacks will
do it.
We got an old Buick in auto shop once, kids will drag
anything home, won't we, and we had to beat the thing
to death. Finally got it free.
But that is part of the charm of working on old cars......Russ