From: <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] New Tool!

> I'm quilty of spot welding a tank. did it years ago, got flamed for it.
Compressor is still going strong on that tank.
> It had one pin hole in it. I drilled it out with a 1/16" bit and the tank
thickness was solid other then the actual hole, I'm talking tiny hole. I
cleaned it counter sunk very slightly. Test welded a hole in a same
thickness piece of metal to get the setting exactly right. Zapped the hole
shut with my mig, painted it and it has been fine. I'd have not done it if
the tank was thin around the hole or if the compressor was in my shop or in
an area where people congregated etc; It sits under a lean too out of harms
way for the most part.
>    Your tank has goo in it? This is a good thing! Do not clean it out! The
goo usually contains oil and will stop the tank from rusting! Let it be and
keep it drained!