From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:28 PM
Subject: [Amc-list] Hold down spring yanker thing - huh?

> Okay, I read the brake section in the TSM. Went to the library and picked
up Chilton's &quot;Brakes, Steering and Suspension&quot; book and read the
section on drum brakes. Tossed in Popular Mechanics &quot;Saturday
Mechanic&quot; as well. All fine and good reading - BUT - how do I grab hold
of the loop on the end of the hold down spring, pull it through the
corresponding hole in the drum, and hook it on to the retaining clip?

> Needle nose pliers don't fit. I'm thinking maybe something that looks like
a screwdriver, but has a small hook on the end. Is that the ticket?

> Someone's coming over to help out - but I want to make sure I have parts,
pieces and tools on hand (and I want to try it myself first). What's the
scoop?