[Amc-list] New Tool!

Well, almost new. My brother and I went to one of those "traveling tool
sales" (Cummins) today. They had a nice 60 gallon, 220V, two cylinder
compressor marked down to $299. It was a bit banged up from handling,
but just cosmetic, so my bro asked if they'd take any off. The guy said
it was the last one they had, so he'd take another $50 off and eat the
sales tax as well! It was more compressor than I really needed, but at
that price...

I didn't get it. Instead, I told my bro if he wanted it, since he could
use a bigger one, I'd give him $100 for his old one, which is about a 40
gallon (might be 30-35). The tank is old (date is 1955!) but well taken
care of (we know who had it before him too -- a plumbing business he
worked at). He replaced the single cylinder compressor with a new two
cylinder and replaced the motor with a new one 5-6 years ago. It's just
what I wanted/need, and he got a new one for $150! Both are uprights.
After buying $100 worth of junk to go with it (hoses/regulator/valve),
all I need is about $40 worth of fittings (and a gauge for the
regulator) to hook it all up. Tank has a 150 psi rating, but due to age
will keep it down to 120 psi. Will clean it all up and put a fresh coat
of paint on it before installing and using. Will make a few things
around the shop easier!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"