Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 Crankshaft Bolt - stupid question time again

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 Crankshaft Bolt - stupid question time again

Funny you should mention lighting fire to the cyls to
free them; I grew up in farm country and have cut my
teeth on repairing equipment in the field. Farmers
have always had a way to keep equipment running
without all them big city ways. I still pull coil
springs using a cable and blanket, with never a dented
fender nor a missing digit, as taught to me by my dad
back in the day.
That said, I remember taking a tool chest out to my
buddy Dan who was in the Filbert grove getting a
tractor going that sat for five years. He had the head
off, had soaked the four banger in penetrating fluid
and gas, and was firing up each cylinder. He let each
cylinder burn, more pen fluid and gas, and after a
morning of doing so got it free.
To see him rebuild a tractor in a filbert field made
me laugh every time some hot shot in a garage tell me
he can't do such and such.....Russ