-------------
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:24:58 -0500
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>

It sounds like you got the wrong shoes. Wagner type brakes have shoes
like that. Raybestos doesn't list rear shoes for your car but RockAuto
shows that there are two different types of rear shoes. 159PG is for
Wagner type, 114PG is for Bendix type. The numbers I gave are Raybestos
numbers but anyone should be able to cross reference them. If you have
to give them a car, a 1968 American uses them.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"