Re: [Amc-list] Happy New year! (63 440H odd rear seat -- not!!)

-- russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tom, in looking at the pictures of your 63 I thought I
> would see convert arm rests, but they are not those. I
> would venture a guess that someone, the PO prob, had a
> seat out of who knows what that fit pretty good, then
> had a shop stitch up a cover. That "arm rest" is just
> a cover over the wheel tub, and the other thing is
> something cobbled together to fill the gap. Are there
> any tags or paper work inside the cushion?......Russ

I think Frank nailed it... the big lump is the rear wheel well (just like a
Gremlin!) with thin foam and seat vinyl over it. The arm rests are little
dinky things, one is setting on the old side panel in the 4th photo here
<http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Interior/>

I haven't seen the interior of other pre-64 AMericans to know but I imagine
they're pretty much the ssame layout, plus or minus. Roomier than a Gremlin
overhead though!