Re: [Amc-list] Happy New year! (63 440H odd rear seat -- not!!)

Re: [Amc-list] Happy New year! (63 440H odd rear seat -- not!!)

I thought you might be "unintentionally" exagerating, but knowing about
the 440H arm rests I wanted to make sure. Saw the photos, it's
definitely the stock sedan seat. IIRC there was a cardboard piece (door
panel material) behind the seat stuck to the body originally, may have
just been a piece of water dam paper (craft paper with a black "tar"
coating on one side, usually used behind door panels). I don't clearly
call if it was one or both of them now, and my parts cars are way to far
gone to have anything like that still in them. I checked my books --
there were two hardtops, the 440 (like yours) and the 440H. $2136 for
yours, $2281 for the H. $145 got you those rear arm rests and the 2V
"Power Pak" stock. On the 440 it was an option. Most of the hardtops
I've seen have been the "H" model, probably because most dealers ordered
the top of the line car dressed up, and more of the "dolled up" ones
probably survive, as is usually the case. "The Standard Catalog of AM"
says 9,749 of the H was built, 5,101 440s (both hardtops, of course) --
just under twice the number of H models compared to 440. So numbers help
too. --------------------- -- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote: > Are
you missing the big rear arm rests? Mine definitely didn't have this,
it's definitely a hard top, but maybe not a 440-H? Weird. I
unintentionally exagerated here, the gap isn't big enough to get my arm
in, but I can insert my hand, it's definitely a design thing, and not
"broken". Breezes noises and broomsticks easily pass through.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"