[Amc-list] 1949-50 Nash steering column removal - single bolt & bracket

[Amc-list] 1949-50 Nash steering column removal - single bolt & bracket only?

  I visited a swell salvage yard in southwestern PA
this past Monday, and there are a couple of the
instrument pods on the columns, but both are hard to
get off, due to  bolt rust, my ignorance, and car
accessibility. I was wondering how hard it is to
unbolt the column from the steering box? Both columns
are almost loose, and the single bolt I see holding a
weiner-shaped bracket at the steering boxes looks easy
enough to take off, and VERY accessible on both cars,
ironically. So, are there any Nash people here who
have removed a column, and can say it's just a single
bolt, or is there something else special holding the
column shaft to the steering box? I want at least one
of those gauge/speedo pods, and I'll take the whole
column if it's cheap enough. And probably is. Thanks
for any input.

Jerry in Virginia