Re: [Amc-list] Needed AMC American Front Brake Drums for 9" x 2" Brakest

Re: [Amc-list] Needed AMC American Front Brake Drums for 9" x 2" Brakest

> I am new at chasin AMC parts, though I work with Ford parts all the time.

It's generally not that bad; you have to shop around at various sources,
but pretty much everything is available. Brake parts are not a problem.

You'll have to plan ahead and mail order some stuff.

The AMC parts vendors have or can get everything. Sometimes they buy from
the same places the rest of us do, for ordinary wear parts, so it pays to
shop around for those first; bearings, tie rod ends, shocks, springs,
U-joints, that sort of stuff. If you need a shift knob or some rubber parts
they are the only way to go.

www.espo.com stocks a lot of suspension parts.

www.rockauto.com is very good at having reasonably accurate listings for
old AMC stuff. It's a good site to also cross reference parts. Prices are
excellent generally.

Like a lot of 60's cars, AMC used Delco, Delco-Remy, Autolite, Borg-Warner,
Saginaw, etc as suppliers, so it's not so much "a Ford part" as an Autolite
or whatever part, but yeah, you can swipe a lot of stuff off brands C and F
:-)