[Amc-list] Got the 330 home today (3rd try - darn Gmail!)

[Amc-list] Got the 330 home today (3rd try - darn Gmail!)

We went to pick up the 330 today. One of my son's co-workers has a
diesel pickup and a tow dolly, and offered to tow it home. My middle
son and I got there early to check the tires (we put air in three) and
to change the flat. Yay! Got four tires on, and all are holding air!
We then decided to try and push it, to see if it would move. Nope.
Checked that it was in neutral. Yep. Checked the parking brake - and
it's grabbing on nothing. Got parking brake issues, lol. Still
couldn't move the car.

I brought a really good floor jack, so we jacked it up and checked the
left front tire. Couldn't spin it, even when it was in the air.
Dropped the front back down, jacked up the back and couldn't spin the
tire. Okay, got issues here. Called my son and his friend and let then
know we couldn't move the car at all. They came over and checked it
out. Probably frozen wheel cylinders.

We decided to call a flat bed service. He got there, checked it out,
and put chains around the rear axle. Winched it back. Pop, pop, pop,
POPPP! Three wheel cylinders freed up quickly. One wasn't quite so
sure about it (the same one the original owner had problems with). We
got it home and put it in the driveway. Had dinner. Then put some
Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder. Put a little ATF in there as
well. We'll top them off in the morning, making sure each cylinder is
full.

So - need wheel cylinders. Check! Frozen engine. Check! Dead battery.
Check! Dry rot on the tires. Check!  Also gotta pack the bearings
(after figuring out how). Pushing it around the driveway let me know
the bearings need some attention. We'll figure it out.

We also did a clandestine cleaning. Shhhhhhh! There is an outdoors
water ban where we are, so I saved water from rinsing the dishes and
washed the car a bit. It's funny having to sneak out after dark to
wash the car with recycled water.

Hoping for better luck tomorrow!