-------
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:45:32 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

The TSM for the iron 195.6OHV says

	"check torque every 4000 miles"

and also

	"re-torque every 8000 miles"

What the hell does this really mean? I assume the first is simply stick a
torque wrench on it set to 60 ft/lbs and make sure nothing's come loose;
but does the second one really mean I gotta LOOSEN the headbolts, then
re-torque? That seems like asking for trouble! What is this, 1930? Don't
answer that.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"