[Amc-list] breakes

Hi guys I want to eliminate the power brake booster on my sons 82 spirit. He needed a new master cylinder any way so I ordered a new one for his car. The auto store said there is only one master cylinder listed for this car so I bought it. Question , do I need a different  proportioning valve, the one in his car is huge, an the ones in my 1977+78 AMX with non power brakes  is a small one? is there any other changes that need to be made in this change?