[Amc-list] 390 to 998

I have a '69 390 that is ready to go into my AMX.  Problem is the AMX isn't ready and won't be for a couple of years.  Anyway, the 258 in the spirit died and I was going to rebuild a 360 for it.  Now I'm thinking of rebuilding a 360 with fuel injection for the AMX and putting the 390 into the Spirit.  I know the crank needs machining according to the high po manual, but is there another way with out any machining work to bolt it up to the 998 or a 727 if I find one?

Thanks
Dan Whitehead