Re: [Amc-list] CC Rambler

--- Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

snip

> Now of course this opens up another category for
> Glad to work within.
> Compare AMC dual quad intakes.................
>
> Let's see there's the old school edelbrock ur-18,
> edelbrock cross ram
> offenhauser's low rise double quad intake
> Herman Lewis sheetmetal tunnel ram
> Hogan sheetmetal tunnel ram
>
> Somebody ad to this list please.
>
> And while we're at it.....
>
> How about a comparison of all single four barrel
> aluminum intakes for AMC
> V-8s.
>
> edelbrock has the
> Torker
> SP2P
> performer
> performer air gap
>
> Indy makes one
>
> I know there are others too,
>
> some body really has to help me here with the
> others........

Pursuant to my earlier cynical comment I think they
will blow the motor up by using nitrous before they
ever get a chance to compare tunnel rams or 4-bbl
intakes.   After they blow it up again, I don't think
there will be enough interest for another rebuild.
Maybe manifold testing would best be left to a Jeep
publication.

I did renew a subscription to Car Craft because I can
learn something with almost every issue.  I just don't
think one half-interested AMC guy on their staff is
enough to keep the lights on in the Rambler garage.

Just my $0.02

Joe Fulton