Re: [Amc-list] Power Steering Pump and Bracket

Re: [Amc-list] Power Steering Pump and Bracket

Here's a picture of the Eaton pump.  If you have this pump then you will need
to find a different bracket to mount a Saginaw pump.  You should be able to
grab the bracket off of any 72 and later AMC or Jeep with an AMC V8.

http://www.americanpartsdepot.com/images/104%203001C.JPG

Troy has a 71 Javelin.  I don't know what steering box was used that year.
Does anyone know if there would be any issues with just swapping to the
Saginaw pump without making any changes to the steering box?

Todd