Re: [Amc-list] bonneville salt flat rambler???

--- Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But what's wrong with 'fastest rambler-powered' as a
> goal? It's
> hard to believe that NO ONE has run rambler-powered
> out there.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with going after
braggin rights, but most people out on the salt are
actually going for a class record.  There have been
new classes created over time which keeps the interest
up and attracts new people to the salt.  For instance
the Vintage coupe and XXO engine classes are
relatively new, I think.  The car which I crew on
holds the record (over 152 mph) in VC/XXO and is