Re: [Amc-list] How about no fuel at all?

Re: [Amc-list] How about no fuel at all?

Hmmm, this is fun to think about...

The Combined Gas Law says that when you compress air for storage, you
will lose substantial energy in heat (unless you can insulate the
pressure vessel to prevent that heat loss).

So, the variables out of your control:
* Energy loss at generation
* Energy loss in transmission

And the variables within your control:
* Compressor motor heat loss
* Storage tank loss

The only one really under your control the the last one, and the only
way to control that is to insulate it so that the heat doesn't
dissipate. A tank capable of this will be big, heavy, and impractical
for long term storage of energy; the heat from compression will
dissipate with time no matter what you do, only the rate of loss can be
managed.

-steve c.