Re: [Amc-list] Brakes again

-- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim, 71-73 AMCs should use Kelsey-Hayes calipers. There may be a
> different hose, but any for those years should work. I've never had a set
> of K-H calipers, just helped change pads and such with them. Never
> noticed the hose size.

I just bought a set of hoses for the 72 Hornet (KH discs) from NAPA. No big
deal.

> You can also find brass adapters for different hose sizes if you don't
> want to get another set of hoses. Take the hose and a caliper with you to
> the parts store to find the right adapter.

The fitting to the calipers is not pipe thread, it's a straight fine thread
with a copper flat washer. Pipe fittings don't work there, but otherwise I
adapt parts all the time, usually master cylinders. It's inexplicable to
me, for example, that the master cyls for 63 American ($200+) and 64
American ($30) are identical except for the outlet fitting size. Adapt away!