---------------
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:36:32 -0500
From: feltonjk@xxxxxxx

I'm back.? In the neverending saga of my brake conversion, I used a 73 AMX as a doner car for my 70 AMX.? I got Kelsey Hayes calipers.? The connection for brake line for the 70 is too small for the Kelsey Hayes caliper.? After much thought I realized on the 73 model year there is no steel line going into the caliper, but a hose only.? The?70 Bendix setup has hose connecting to a "J" shape steel line entering the caliper.? I have a hose from a 71 AMC (has approximately a 3" metal end on one side) and I held it up to the front end and it looks like it would fit perfectly (one end connecting to the steel brake line coming from the engine compartment and the other end fitting directly into the caliper).? But the end that would fit into the caliper is too small (same size as the rest of the brake lines 3/8 I think).? I suspect there is a brake hose used by AMC (maybe for 73) specifically for the Kelsey Hayes setup (maybe a metric fitting into the caliper???).? Does any of this mak
 e any sense or am I totally lost?? I just want to make sure if there is a correct hose out there I order the right one.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"