[Amc-list] On the road again...... YeeHaw!!!!

[Amc-list] On the road again...... YeeHaw!!!!

Armand,
Thanks for the comments.
The radio change was quite easy. All I did was buy another radio plate (?) on Ebay and cut an opening to fit the new radio.
I still have my original radio with an unaltered face plate to switch back to, if I want to do that.
The new radio required a larger hole in all directions so when it's mounted it looks pretty stock.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the work.
Cutting the hole was done by marking out the shape, then drilling a series of holes until I could get a hacksaw in place to cut a straight line.
A little use of a file to smooth everything out and the job was done in about 1 1/2 hrs.
If you need anything else, just ask.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."

Don,
Beautiful AMX, you did a fantastic job of restoration.
I'm in the middle of restoring the dash on my 70 Javelin. I'm very
interested in how you converted the factory plate to mount your modern CD
player and fit it into the original radio location. Can you send me some
photos that show how you did this or maybe explain what you did?
thanks,
Armand