Re: [Amc-list] more..

" From: imfatdad <imfatdad@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Thanks to all for the information.  Am bouncing some things in my head..  the 65 does have a 232.  The Hornet a 258 of course.  The 78 trans would be preferred, my previous American had the 2sp tranny and I always wished it would/could shift into another gear at speed..   These are different bolt patterns altogether yes??  The 3sp will not bolt to the 232??  A month or so ago I was working on a deal for swapping the 258 to a paint/body guy for some future work..  of course he came back yesterday and said was wanting to do it now..   How about thoughts on chrome around the glass.  Can this be eliminated without looking too goofy??  I was thinking about shaving most all chrome off car.

i think you could swap the '78 258 and tf auto into the '65 if you use
the '65's water pump.  you'll have to work on the tranny mount and
driveshaft...

just fyi there are -reputed- to be early-pattern tf904s used on postal
jeeps in the mid '70s.  this may be urban folklore; they did use
early-pattern sixes and warner autos up to the mid '70s, long after
amc and jeep dropped them.

you can't eliminate the 'chrome' around the glass; the gasket needs
it to hold the glass and stay in place.  you could try blacking it.
btw it's stainless, not chrome.