[Amc-list] LPG conversion - con't

> > CT228-6-641 -- 19 gallons usable = US$371.78
> >
> > CT305-7-641 -- 29 gallons usable = US$461.52

Wow -- those are good prices! I paid $600 for a 34 gal. (28 usable) tank
from Manchester Tank. Big fat cylindrical truck type "drop tank".

Believe me, you want the biggest huge-ass tank you can possibly fit in the
car. If your car gets 16mpg gasoline, perfectly well-tuned it will get
about 13.6mpg on propane. Since there isn't exactly a propane filling
station on every corner you want the hugest range you can possibly get.

The "usable" business is the gas space required for liquid expansion with
temperature. 20%.

You know it!

When Thiokol did the development - then were selling them, a quote for
a '78 Gremlin 'custom coformable tank' was $4,000.00 .

With Oil Futures contracts trading for next years oil @ $200.00 yesterday
in the Futures pits - and a gallon of gas at $5.00 gal near Big Sur calif,
I'm giving this LPG conversion some serious pondering.

--

                  Brien
            NEW YORK