Re: [Amc-list] Breadbox American 440H with Twin-Stick (T-150/OD vs T-96/

Re: [Amc-list] Breadbox American 440H with Twin-Stick (T-150/OD vs T-96/OD)

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" My guess is that the standard output shaft
" is used and the adapter makes up the length difference. If the T-150
" shaft isn't the standard AMC length shaft, It's likely a standard shaft
" for another make.

the non-o/d t150 is as far as i can tell a box-stock ford tranny,
unmodified in any way for amc.  the sr4 was likewise a ford unit.

" Most people don't realize that Gear
" Vendors, the makers of a respected add-on overdrive, got their start
" with AMC parts! They purchased the remaining stock of
" Laycock-DeNormanville OD units from AMC when AMC stopped using them, and
" made adapters for other trannys. GV later acquired manufacturing rights
" and beefed up subsequent units, making them capable of accepting much
" more power.

interesting - the laycock was originally british.  you can find it on
many of the heavier [for them] cars of the '60s...