Re: [Amc-list] LPG Conversion

> MC [matt] on this Bulltear does AMC intake manifold
> mods to accept EFi injectors.

Gasoline injectors will not work on LPG. 40psi vs. 150+ psi. Give up. I put
injectors on variable-PSI air (for a robotic air-muscle project). They'd
hold off 80 psi, but when you open them once, the spring won't close it.
Injected LP requiries special injectors.

> Not 'cheap' overall - but neither is $5 00gal. gasoline.

LP carbs work great. They're totally different than gasoline carbs and
suffer none of the problems. Two moving parts! There's the M&M XL series,
no longer made but obtainable if you want exotic 500+ HP stuff. Ak Miller
used those (I bought one from Ak long ago, sold it on ebay, unused, about 5
years ago).

I've driven an LP car for 19+ years, my 63 Classic wagon, more than a dozen
of those years as my only car. I did LOTS of long distance trips (the
longest was 11,000 miles (San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Cape Cod Mass.,
Atlanta, New Orleans, Santa Fe, Los Angeles, San Fran). It's not for the
faint hearted. I think I have a cluster of brain cells dedicated to
spotting white LP dealer tanks out of the corner of my eye (I'm almost not
kidding). No filling up after 5pm or on Sundays. Every trip requires
forethought for fuel budget. It's like paranoia only functional :-)