Re: [Amc-list] T14 OD -T96 OD - 5 speed

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" I think you could do that with the common-as-dirt non-big-nut AMC15 axle.
" They've got to be good for non-hole-shot 200hp. I'd pick final ratio &
" tires with the 195.6 OHV for 2200rpm at 60mph, which so far has proved to
" be in the middle of the motor's sweet spot.
"
" I've never owned or even driven a turbo car, but with this oversquare thing
" I would think you'd want boost at really low speeds and bypassed early. Can
" a turbo be made to do that? Most I've read seems they wanna rev it to make
" traditional big HP. What if you boosted it for very modest gains at 1200 -
" 3200 rpm? Only?

i don't see why not - it's only a matter of sizing the turbo to the
airflow, smaller at these low rpm than a 'screamer'.  another point -
dynamic stress goes as the square of rpm; stock internals that can
take 140hp at 5000 can handle quite a lot of boost at 2500.

so you don't have a metric buttload of hp - torque is what moves your
car off the line.

" They're pretty decent
" on the road with 110 - 130hp; with 180 - 200 hp they'd be tremendous! And
" Rambler Mentality :-)

imho you'd have to start thinking about that mopar 10" clutch with
that kind of hp...