Re: [Amc-list] Breadbox American 440H with Twin-Stick

Re: [Amc-list] Breadbox American 440H with Twin-Stick

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
"
"
" The only problem with the T-150 would be the bell as far as mounting. If the front bearing retainer were the right size cobbling an adapter would be easy. Unfortunately I think the T-150 has the same size retainer as the SR-4 (and T-14 three speed??). It's a good bit bigger than the one on the T-96. I mounted a retainer from an SR-4 on a T-96 to make it fit a later model "universal" bell, but you'd need to machine an adapter ring to do the reverse.

as tom says, the t150 is large.  when it came out in the mid '60s,
there was an hd version beefy enough for 390s, and the 4sp toploader
used with 429s is a close relative.  the retainer is bigger than the
sr4.  the t14's is the same as the t96, except in jeeps.

a late-'70s t150 pilot bushing might be a drop-in.  likewise, a
late-'70s 6 clutch disk should have the right diameter; the same 9 1/8"
pp was used just about the whole time.

much of what would be needed to adapt a t5 to the t96 bell would also
work for the t150, but this monster just won't fit in the same spaces.