[Amc-list] vacuum wipers

  I've also had luck with rebuilding the vacuum wipers.  There's a rubber edged paddle that vacuum sucks back and forth inside the curved part, and a valve that switches the vacuum from one side of the paddle to the other. Cleaning out and replacing the old grease that seals the paddle to the case, and cleaning out the switch valve makes a huge difference.  As long as the rubber in the paddle is good and seals are good it works.  I think there is a filter at the air intake hole where air is let in to the back side of the paddle when it changes direction.  This could clog up and slow things down so check that too.