Re: [Amc-list] windshield squirter location on an American

-- Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing I do want to mention is that with a motor that makes good
> vacuum, a good booster pump, and a good wiper motor, the wiper speed
> difference going up hill (or accelerating from a low speed with the gas
> pedal mashed down) is very, very small. It's hardly noticeable on either
> of my Americans. It's slightly more noticeable on the wagon since it has
> a 199 and an automatic but it's hardly worth doing anything with.

I agree. My American has a good booster pump, the wiper motor I opened,
cleaned and lubed, replaced the hoses. Wiper speed doesn't change
perceptably climbing hills. Probably I could detect a difference engine
brakin downhill vs. lug up a hill, but BFD.