Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV camshaft specs?

-- Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I seriously overheated on of these engines way back when, 17
> inexperienced etc; I distinctly remember this engine being ver quiet
> through the whole roasting process! No ping, no rattle nothing! In
> retrospect it should have been making some serious protest noises. It was
> hot, I wonder if the casting structure is such that ping is not audible???

Yeah, and combustion chamber design, etc. The reason I ask is, driving in
town I had the motor in one of those states where it probably SHOULD have
pinged (too low gear, medium rpm) and did hear a funny momentary noise that
was very deep, very brief, it really sounded combustion-y. More a muffled