Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV camshaft specs?

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

> I haven't heard this motor ping even once, so I probably have a lot of
> latitude for ignition timing advance. But with the low speeds and all the
> lugging pinging would be a bad deal.
>
> Does anyone know, is pinging in the motor very audible?

I seriously overheated on of these engines way back when, 17 inexperienced etc; I distinctly remember this engine being ver quiet through the whole roasting process! No ping, no rattle nothing! In retrospect it should have been making some serious protest noises. It was hot, I wonder if the casting structure is such that ping is not audible???
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV