----------------------
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:32:45 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

1. In the Classic, I don't have the vacuum booster pump, so the throttle is
entangled in wiping the windshield. Makes for great fun.

2. The classic has a clearance hole in the hood brace htat locates it; the
American doesn't have the internal brace! It's just a big expanse of
steel...

3. Why does a motor need so much head-retorquing? It says check at 4000,
retorque at 8000! Is this a factor of gasket technology? Or some
metallurgical thing with bolts changing length with heat and torque? It's
got a fair number of headbolts, and low cylinder pressures.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"