Re: [Amc-list] Selling My Car (Bottom Line Period)

Re: [Amc-list] Selling My Car (Bottom Line Period)

Hey Guys,

  Another neat method that I use when I sell a car is simply this, and it has worked every time the buyer was a serious buyer an not a tire kicker or joy rider...

  I tell each perspective caller that there will be no test ride (they will not drive) unless I have cash in hand and if they do not like the car, they can simply have their cash back,  I do this as some 14 years ago, some idiot test drove my 1965 Chevrolet Panel Van and called me to bring tow chains, as the motor seemed to lock up.  I knew the vehicle was in good shape as I drove it myself for months.  I quickly threw a club on the steering wheel of his Camaro, which he was dumb enough to leave open, and when we got back, his kid told me he downshifted into 1st gear at approximately 70mph.  I advised the guy if he wanted his Camaro back, he needed to pay up...His screaming wife delivered the $1,500.00 cash and smacked him around a bit, but I still got the cash and not stuck,

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  -- Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If the guy hasn't or won't plan on spending enough time for you to be
> sure that everythign is clear and on the up and up. RUN!

Yeah, and conversely, he'll want to make sure that YOU! are legit, and the
car is what you say it is...!