[Amc-list] Replacement heater core for 62-63 Americans

[Amc-list] Replacement heater core for 62-63 Americans

The exact replacement seems to be 100% unavailable in the aftermarket. BUT!
I found a 99% replacement at NAPA.

NAPA #660-3137 is exactly the same as the 63 AMerican heater core except:

* No brackets soldered to the tanks.

* The outlets are 1/4" - 1/2" closer together.

The brackets can be moved from the old core to the new one, yourself or a
radiator shop. You could probably epoxy them on.

The outlets require slotting the holes in the heater box about 1/4" each,
closer together. But it's flat there, and very easy to seal.

660-3137 is an early 70's Ford Econoline part. Construction and dimensions
are identical to the American's! Cost me $40 and it was in stock.

Eventually I'll take pictures and show it installed.