Re: [Amc-list] Breadbox American 440H with Twin-Stick

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

> No Ford engine will replace this thing. I really like this old Nash motor.
> It's got power at 800rpm! OK not much but to me it's more fun wringing
> quick driving out of this than point-and-squirt HP.

It's been said more than once,
"It's alot more fun to drive an underpowered car hard then to drive an overpowered car easy"...
I agree.
I love my new WJ and would not call it overpowered, but it is well powered.
I drive it easy to keep the mileage acceptable.
If I stick my food in it it takes off like no tomorrw. I get to watch the gas gauge drop like a rock too.
I can easily see why that world of soccer moms and tied dads B!**ch about the WJs poor gas mileage and warped rotors... All they need to get good mileage is a knowledge of how they press their feet on those little pedals will either make or break gas mileage and brake rotors.
  Hmmmm... How'd I get over here... I think I'm wandering again..... D@*n I hate these meds....

Anyway, that American sounds like you are enjoying it way to much.
Stop that, life is work, frown, work, frown some more ....
Just kidding.
Sell the Hornet to one of those soccer momses rich kids and drive your Ramblers.
ENJOY.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV