Re: [Amc-list] Javelin won't start

-- Larry R. Daum <mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> RE:Javelin won't start
>
> I drove my 69 base 232 Javelin to the car wash this afternoon and
> gave it a good cleaning including the engine. I hosed the engine off
> with the high pressure was after disconnecting the spark plug wrings
> and covering up the distributor. When I got done the car would not
> start.

ALmost certainly water vapor condensed inside the distributor cap, shorting
everythin to everything.

The fix is really easy -- take the cap off (leave wires on), shake it out,
wipe gently with a CLEAN rag (watch lint) then let it air-dry til its bone
dry. Shoudl shart right up.

Even covered all the host steam ends up in the cap...