Re: [Amc-list] Proportioning Valve

Armand, I also installed disc's on the front of my 70 Jav but I did
not put in a prop. valve. I was advised at the time I did not need it.
The disc's are better then the drums were but I also have a 68 AMX
with factory disc's and it stops a ton better and faster then the
Javelin does now. It just seems to be kind of a soft pedal if you
know what I mean. Just seems like you have to push for a bit before
they start to grab.  I have ok vacuum like 13 - 15lbs so it seems
like that isn't the problem but do you know of any thing else that
may help or does it sound like I need a prop. valve. I know it just
balances the system so I don't think that is the problem. The other
thing I was considering is a vacuum tank?

Thanks Keith

55 Chevy Gasser
68 AMX
70 Javelin