Re: [Amc-list] clutch questions

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:20:11 -0400
From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] clutch questions
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

One thing to note when changing trannys from pre 63 (64 American) and post is that the speedo turns the opposite direction. The speedo runs off the TOP of the driven ger on the tailshaft in early cars, bottom in late ones. The reason is that early cars are taller and have a shallower trans tunnel.

 If you ever do change it go with the bigger disc though. Certainly won't hurt!