Re: [Amc-list] clutch questions

-- Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> You MUST get that kick-down switch working! I know the Twin-Stick system
> is more complicated, with electric and vacuum switches.

Yeah, I will fix it, I was just doing "triage"! Suspension, brakes, tires,
generator, ... down the list of priorities. In town, don't need OD. On the
highway, having to drop << 30, accell and push lever isn't that annoying.

I will get it working this weekend. Joe, or the PPO, collected a small but
choice pile of spares, including OD stuff like relays.

> If you don't cut the engine (or use the clutch) when it down-shifts it
> puts a strain/shock on the planetary gear shafts (which are small) when
> the shift suddenly occurs.

I haven't intentionally (...) moved the lever out of OD while moving since
I can't electrically cut it. Hopefully on Sunday I can really use it!

(YOu can get really fouled up if you don't watch out; pulling up a small
hill on a local street, cellphone in my hand (aargh), I pulled the wrong
lever when I went to go 3 - 2. GRIIIND! pushed clutch in, had to drop the
phone to untangle! Dumb!