Re: [Amc-list] clutch questions

-- Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> afaik the old pp you want was used up into the mid/late '70s at least,
> with 15/16" * 10-spline disks on the t96 and t14 and 1 1/16" *
> 10-spline disks on the t150, all 9 1/8" dia.  you'd want perfection
> rcf658 disk and ca1676 pp or equivalent.  t/o brg is their st771 and
> pilot bushing is st1632.

I measured the T-96 input shaft as 1.00" largest OD. I assume also that all
T-96's are the same; there's a "T-96J" that supposedly has a stronger input
shaft, whatever that actually means, maybe it's larger diameter.

Performance Clutch has parts numbers (yours, above) for the 8's, 9's, and
10's.

Has anyone on this list actually personally installed the 10" clutch with
the socket head bolts as suggested? Does it really fit? And what does it do
to pedal effort? The 195.6OHV doesn't really need a strong clutch!
Currently it takes TWO FINGERS to operate... nice... and I still remember
the monster clutch that was in my 69 S/C Rambler... no thanks!