Re: [Amc-list] Good news--maybe

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
> travelalls came with 345s and 392s so that's not a problem, but that's
> a very big heavy mill [with a lot of forged parts] better suited imho
> to the dump than the 327.

327 is a big heavy mill too, not as heavy as the monster 345-392 though!
IIRC a 327 puts out somewhere in the area of 360-375 ftlb tq.
It has all the forged innards too, cept pistons.
  It expect it to work in the dump, but not be ideal. If you just use it for low speed moving in limited travel I"d say it will be fine as you can use the lower gears and take your time. I'd bet you'll be hard pressed to haul a load at speed. I guess not many dumps do that well anyway :]
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV