From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Good news--maybe
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: On a similar (or is that sinister?) topic, a buddy of mine (one from
" AK) just bought himself an IH Travelall with the IH6 (241?) and 4 speed
" with divorced D20 tcase

that 4sp is -probably- a t18.

" The plan is to get a 4.0L into there with O/D or put a Warn O/D into the
" D20 (the IH 6 is a sloooow revver) Thinking maybe the 5 speed from my
" dumptruck might even fit, if the bell is the same?

dunno.  i wouldn't count on that.  with a divorced t/c, just plan on
swapping the motor/tranny together...

would the 4.0 really need an o/d?  it's not a particularly slow revver.

" (maybe put the 392
" in the TA and put the Jeep/Nash 327/th400/QT into my dumptruck?)

how big is the dump?

travelalls came with 345s and 392s so that's not a problem, but that's
a very big heavy mill [with a lot of forged parts] better suited imho
to the dump than the 327.