Re: [Amc-list] Selling my Eagle.

" From: " Russell T. Neyhart" <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" What I'd really like to do is convert it to diesel with a VM setup like
" Jeep did,

why the vm, other than jeep's use?  imho if you want an auto tranny
you'd be better off with a toyota 1kz or 1kd [3L, 125 and 175 hp] and
a340 [toyota name for aw4], or a 5-cyl volvo.  penta sells it here,
but volvo puts the 160hp ver in their rwd cars in europe and they also
used the aw4.  [look for the penta d3-160 if you're curious]

if you want a stick, toyota again, backed with an ax15/r150 - or...
the mercedes 6sp used in the rubicon, with the 5cyl sprinter [175hp]
or 6cyl e320cdi [200hp] motors.  afaik merc has the only modern small
6s out there.

i know penske sells vm here, but probably even volvo penta has a
bigger dealer/service network.

" but I am again faced with the facility problem, not that much
" time, and Pennsylvania's draconian laws for "specially constructed
" vehicles".  It took over two months to get my registration plate, sticker,
" and card, and a VIN plate that I had to affix to the tongue of the trailer
" I built.  Sheesh.  I can't imagine what a PITA it would be with a
" 20-year-old car with a much newer engine using a different fuel would be.

most places let you do it if the engine conforms to the emission rules
of the year it came from, but pa...