Re: [Amc-list] Eagle Shake

A: If you do the motor mounts, I suggest the Energy Suspension ones (listed for CJs with 6 cyl, they also work in FSJs)

From: Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Eagle Shake
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

And on another note, I have been having vibration issues. When I accelerate it gets real bad and I have to let off the accelerator and ease back into it to keep the vibration down. It also gets bad when going up hill. I thought it was something with the front end but pulled the wheels off and checked and everything is in good shape (other than I think the cv joint may be bad). I just recently started thinking it may be a tranny mount and then yesterday I had to turn around (which included backing up an incline) and while backing up I heard a loud thud and felt something hit the tunnel right between the front seats. So, I am pretty sure it is a tranny mount. Now the problem is, I have checked around and no one shows a tranny mount for an Eagle with auto transmission. In fact, they only show it for an SX/4 with manual transmission. Can anyone help with this? Where can I get a mount for this? Is there something else that will work?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA

<>

You'll need to replace your Engine Mounts and Transmission Mount.

One tears up the other - so be done with them in one fell'd swoop.

Stay out of loading the driveshaft until you effect replacements,
elsewise you can add U-Joints
to the 'Flava'.

CV joint is a whole 'nutha feel and sound entirely - very 'distinct'.