Re: [Amc-list] Eagle Shake

I had a bad steering dampner on the BMW - the input
could be felt thru the steering.

He didn't say anything about the nature of the vibration
except that it occured under acceleration - which will
cock the engine once the Trans. mount / Engine Mount[s]
fail - causing misalignment of the driveshaft and
vibration.

Been there with the Eagle Kammback & sorted thru the
bewildering possibilities until someone pointed out
the Trans. mount failure symptoms.

He did state:

 "while backing up I heard a loud thud and felt something hit the tunnel right between the
front seats. So, I am pretty sure it is a tranny mount."

That is symptomatic of a Trans. mount / Engine mount failure,
and the only way to insure the repair is to replace both.

Replacing a steering dampner is a good idea regardless!