Re: [Amc-list] AMX not firing!

> I am looking for advice on why my 68 AMX may not be starting. If I
> leave it sit for 4 - 5 days I have to pour gas in the carb to get it
> to fire.

Gas in the fuel bowl should last a lot longer than 4 - 5 days! It's gotta
be a leak of some sort inside the carb, or that's not what's happening.

"was recently rebuilt" could mean "improperly assembled".

Wait 4 - 5 days, then take the top off the carb. See if it's empty. If it
is, you gotta take the carb off to check out why. Did I get dropped and
cracked?! Weird.

I bet the bowl is NOT empty. The squirter and idle circuit feed off the
bottom of the bowl, so it doesn't have to be full to start; even just 2 - 3
seconds worth of fuel will cause the pump to fill the bowl ASAP.