[Amc-list] 63 American, radiator problem solved

[Amc-list] 63 American, radiator problem solved

Well the final answer on what wrecked my radiator, is me, twice over. I'd
mentioned I forgot to tighten the bolts. Duh.

Well I'd also chopped out a section of the pass. side radiator support
through which I'll plumb cool air to the carb. That removed a lot of the
stiffness on that side, and that's the side the the fan contacted first!

The solution was easy, I cut a brace out of 16ga steel and braced the ower
corner. Stiffer than stock now.

The 14" Flex-A-lite nylon fan works great. Had to add a 3/8" fan spacer,
but even so it has greater clarance to the radiator fins, as the factory
fan blades protruded forward, past the hub.

The nylon fan is noisier than stock (I forget who asked?). Lots of whoosh
of air, but not bad for a slow revving engine anyways. Moves a lot of air
at idle, and blades flatten somewhat at speed.

I pulled the water pump out first to check for loose impeller, but it was
like new, lucky me.