[Amc-list] 700R help? Harrel? Re: Good news--maybe.

[Amc-list] 700R help? Harrel? Re: Good news--maybe.

Unless you drive in a realy cold climate you can add a cooler in front of the rad and use it alone.
If it is realy cold out, it is possible to run the trans too cold, unless the 700R4 uses a thermostatic switch to control flow to the cooler, then you in business!
  There is aguy over on the Strokers list on Yahoo that built his own 700 adpater to a stroked 4.0L block.
Harrel is his name, I don't have his eddress handy. He is a trans guy too, he is the one to ask about this kind of stuff!
He has a Purple Pacer that just did power tour.
The 700 would be an excellent trans for a turbo car, the low first gear set will get you into boost quick and the second gear shift should be a blast!  Add Overdrive for cruisiing!
  Harrel did not mention any problems fitting the 700R in the pacer body. I would expect little in the way of problems.

Good choice if you can get the adpaters made, yeah, there should be a market for a few of them.
I don't know where they are located, but I have a small pile of "flexplates" for th eearly engines. I just rediscovered them last weekend while cleaning my garage. I could donate on if it helps. I've got a 69 232 engine too, not going to use it. I  maybe have the engine seperator plate for it, Maybe...

I'll copy this to the strokers list an dsee if Harrel responds...

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "Clarence Milstead" <cmilstead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>